Working in small teams across three areas of reporting (social media, policy recommendations and investigative journalists).
- Social media - use social media skills and tools to report live from the youth forum, giving the outside world a real time insight into what’s happening in Magdeburg. You’ll be making posts regularly throughout the day using Instagram, Facebook and Twitter with relevant hashtags, links and images. You’ll be encouraged to try out different methods such as Instagram Stories, TikTok and other platforms.
- Policy recommendations - use active listening skills to capture discussions and conversations within the youth forum and/or other activities and identify emerging policy recommendations based on them. Collate these recommendations and share back with the wider youth forum participants and team.
- Investigative journalists - use audio and video recording devices (including your own mobile phone) to interview other participants at the youth forum and help people better understand their experience and views on the topics being discussed. You will be provided with training on interview skills and have the opportunity to practice in advance.
You will get the chance to do all of these three areas of reporting, rotating in teams through them on each of the days of the youth forum.
At the start of the youth forum you will take part in a learning playlist to help you develop the skills needed to carry out each of these roles. Throughout the three days you will be supported by Buzz, Duncan and Nerijus.
Objectives of young reporters:
- To prepare and deliver high quality social media posts that reflect the content and atmosphere at the youth forum.
- To capture statistical information on reach and engagement of social media activity.
- To identify and capture emerging policy recommendations from the youth forum.
- To create audio and video content that reflects the content and atmosphere at the youth forum and the views of participants.
- To complete the learning playlist and develop your skills in social media, journalism and reporting.
- To work with the facilitators to provide an impact and outcomes report from the reporting team.
Activities to complete
Complete the following activities, earn badges and you will see your playlist progress updated